Top 5 Reasons 2014 should have been the Year of the Libertarian
If ever there were an election year for a third party, why wouldn’t this be it? Here are the top 5 Reasons 2014 should have been the Year of the Libertarian:
1. Populist issues abound – Candidates have a plethora of issues to choose from that could unite blocks of voters this year: Immigration Reform, marijuana legalization, problems in Iraq, Washington Reform, etc.
2. Problems in both major parties in these key issues – Both Republican and Democrats have fumbled or dragged their feet over all these issues over the past few years.
3. Lack of good true Conservative candidates in races – California Governor, Georgia Governor, South Carolina U.S. Senate, Oregon U.S. Senate, North Carolina U.S. Senate, etc. Several of these races have Libertarians now running, but none have caught on yet.
4. Glenn Beck/The Blaze – Beck’s network has seen nearly unprecedented growth and acceptance in the last year presenting Libertarians leaning values.
5. Popular leaders – Besides Beck, Palin, Cruz, Rand Paul, and Hannity have mentioned third party politics possibilities recently.
My prediction is that 2014 will not be the Year of the Libertarian or any other third party. I hereby proclaim 2014 to be the Year of the conservative Republican.