Trump Hints at Possible VP
Yesterday Donald Trump gave us a hint at who he is considering for Vice President. Here’s what he tweeted:
Trump, the presumptive GOP nominee, was obviously thinking about someone in particular when he tweeted this. Donald, who never likes to be played, wanted to make sure we all knew that someone who must be overtly denying interest, is not even in contention for the #2 spot. My guess is either Marco Rubio or Nikki Haley.
Here are the hints he’s given so far:
- It’s not someone who is going out of their way to deny interest.
- He’s got it narrowed down to about 5 or 6 candidates.
- He’s okay with former 2016 candidates that fought him hard.
- He is still considering Christie even though he is heading the transition team.
- Trump said there is no need for another business person on the ticket.
- He wants a running mate who can help him pass legislation.
- He wants someone with deep political experience who can help him with the establishment.
Now let’s consider who fits this description and who we can rule out.
- Newt Gingrich- Newt fits every description perfectly and has been a consistent and strong message bearer for Trump.
- Chris Christie- Just like Newt, Christie fits the mold pretty well.
- Jeff Sessions
- John Kasich
- Rick Perry
- Mary Fallin- Trump spoke very highly of her recently.
- Scott Walker
- Joni Ernst- She’ll only have 2 years experience in the Senate if chosen, but she seems pretty well liked with the party.
- Bobby Jindal
- Condi Rice
- Mike Huckabee
- Jeb Bush- fits the mold, but I don’t think they would work well together.
- Marco Rubio
- Nikki Haley
- Rick Scott
- Jan Brewer
- Sarah Palin
- Rand Paul
- Susana Martinez
- Ben Carson
- Carly Fiorina
Stay tuned for more!